Friday, February 14, 2014

Week 36


Baby B is certainly getting ready to vacate! During my weekly OBGNY visit this week my Dr. confirmed that she has indeed dropped. My fundal height had decreased which means she has in fact lowered down. Wild. We put together the co-sleeper this week and it is waiting in our room ready to go. Feeling like the time has officially come to put together the hospital bag. The whole idea of packing the bag though is somewhat perplexing to me. I spent a good deal of time focused on that last go around and then it turned out we really didn't need it, at least not right away. If all goes to plan this time we should have hours between knowing labor has started and time to head to the airport, plenty of time to pack a bag! Yet here I am again, thinking about what should go in it and looking up lists on the internet for suggestions. Although it was a good excuse to buy new slippers.

We actually hit 37 weeks this past Thursday. I am hoping to get that pictures up this weekend.

I can't help but continue to think on my experience with Perry. We would only have two more pictures to go if this was last time!



 
Week 36 Developments - Baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (or over 7!) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, which will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment